Some People Have Guard Dogs...

Sonnet

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a guard guinea pig! Sprout has decided that sitting on top of the hidey and wheeking every time I so much as move (even if I’m not in the same room) is the best way to try and get food.

At least Chutney begs normally!

4F76FDEF-A6BD-4BE1-B800-4E2A6C463180.webp

Adorable!

Have you considered expanding your cage or getting a bigger one? Sorry, but it doesn’t look to me like that is the right amount of room for two males.

I am looking into getting a bigger cage, yes. C&C cage isn’t really an option for me since I don’t have a lot of space (live in a tiny one bed annex).

I am looking into getting a bigger cage, yes. C&C cage isn’t really an option for me since I don’t have a lot of space (live in a tiny one bed annex).
That’s great that you’re getting a larger cage.

A good amount of space for two boars should be 12 square feet, as they tend to be territorial (especially Sprout who thinks he’s king of the cage, lol!).

I used to keep my piggies in small cage too, and sadly it was awhile before they got into a proper sized one.

That’s great that you’re getting a larger cage.

A good amount of space for two boars should be 12 square feet, as they tend to be territorial (especially Sprout who thinks he’s king of the cage, lol!).

I used to keep my piggies in small cage too, and sadly it was awhile before they got into a proper sized one.

Sprout’s actually a bit of a coward! Chutney’s the head pig out of the pair of them. I’ll have a look online and see what I can find in terms of cages.

Back