some of my cavies :)

• Thread starter Thread starter Mette; von Felix
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mette; von Felix

Here are some pictures of a few of my cavies :D, I hope you like them :)

My new satin coronet sow, Pandora:
121-2143_IMG.jpg

121-2141_IMG.jpg

My very pregnant sheltie sow, Athene:
athenedraegtig.jpg

My lovely Princess with her 2nd. litter (they were born June 2006):
118-1830_IMG.jpg

My satin sheltie Boar Cassiel:
116-1603_IMG.jpg

They're gorgeous! Just one quick question. Why do you breed? I ask this because this is a pro-rescue forum and many people are very against just breeding when there are already so many guinea pigs in rescues that need homes. So while we're glad you're here (welcome to the forum by the way!) you may want to not talk about breeding very much.

Kimmie

I have satin sheltie and satin coronet. But as for breeding them, it is very limited. Last year I had 5 litters ;) Apart from that, I always keep some of the babies, and if I cannot find a good home for the babies, they stay here, and if someone cannot have the guinea pig anymore, they are always welcome to bring them back to me ;)

I understand that you don't just backyard breed them in horrid conditions, I was just giving you a heads up because some people in this forum are VERY strongwilled and not afraid to say what's on their mind about breeding! That's what I love about them though, everybody says what they think instead of what they think people want to hear. Anyway, those are some gorgeous piggies! ;D

Kimmie

Gosh they're all lovely, those baby pics are super cute, you must let us know how Athene goes with her birth :-* :-* :-* :-*

Athene gave birth today. She had 4, but unfortunately one was stillborn :(

121-2172_IMG.jpg

Thank you all :)

I am really happy about Pandora :)

I have decided to keep the little girl from the litter, the one in the middle, but she is so small (57 g. today), so I am not sure, she will make it. I am calling her Hope :D

I have lost the little girl in the litter (the one in the middle) :'(
She was very small (58 g. when she was born) and then she became ill. I really wanted to keep her!

Awww thats so so sad :'( :'( :'(

I hope i dont loose any of mine, the oh says he thinks it will be inevitable but i really hope not :(

The two others are lovely, but the poor sow was sooo beautiful :'( :'(

You are lucky to have such beautiful babies :smitten: :smitten:

Poor little one :'( at least the others are ok

Thank you all!
Yes, the other ones are fine :) They are really doing great :)

Here is some new pictures of the 2 boys :):

dreng2.jpg

dreng1.jpg

Sorry you lost the little girl. All you guineas are beautiful and the babies are to die for. :)

Mette, have you ever had a Satin born that has become more Satinised with age? I have one here at the moment that is definitely Satin but its very poor Satinisation, even the feet and nose aren't satinised. Which is odd! Don't ask for pigtures because I don't have any that show the satinisation, but he does have it LOL! :) Sorry to hijack your thread :)

No, I have not have that happen, but keep in mind, mine are sheltie and coronets. The fact that they are satin does not show that well, on their body, when they grow up, when it is the longhaired breeds :D.

This is not a regular shorthaired breed- probably a semi longhaired pet. So Satinisation on long coats is like colour then and is diluted (for want of a much more technical word LOL!). I would imagine the undercoat kind of takes over with the long coats?

Mette; von Felix said:
Thank you all!
Yes, the other ones are fine :) They are really doing great :)

Here is some new pictures of the 2 boys :):

dreng2.jpg

dreng1.jpg

Sweet! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

They are gorgeous :smitten:

Personally I'm not against sensible breeding but others on here are against breeding so on here it is advisable not to mention it O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back