SoftSorb

• Thread starter Thread starter punkdoutstar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

punkdoutstar

Well I've recently changed from Pine bedding for my piggies to softsorbent. I don't particularly like it. Whenever I pick one of the girls up they have it in their eyes and I don't like that. My girl's are messy and need a bath asap but it's awfully cold right now. Is Carefresh better? It smells like newspaper. My gerbils love the Pine bedding. Feedback would be awesome. Also, does anyone put hay in the bottom of their cages?

Not heard of SoftSorb but Carefresh is good, I do like it and how it keeps fresh for longer. The downside is it isn't cheap. There are a few others Aubiose, Megazorb, Easibed.

ive not heard of it either, iv only ever used fleece which works for me! i dont put hay at the bottom of the cage but the piggies do >:D

I have not heard of softsorbent, what does it look like? Pine scented shavings are bad for piggies too as can cause allergies and respitory infections. I use a horse hemp bedding (its called aubiose here but probably something else in the US), have a look under equestrian suppliers near you. A massive 20kg bag is like £7 ($14) and lasts 8 piggies about 2-3 weeks. I put a big pile of hay in one corner but they manage to spread it around everywhere :D

I use bed-down. Works well for me O0 Although one of my cage has fleece in it cos i'm trying it out at the moment.
I spread hay around the whole cage for my boars but my girls have a special part of the cage for hay cos its too long to cover it in hay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back