• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Soft poops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudgey

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I noticed when I fed Princess tonight he had much softer poos today than normal.

other than trying him on celery nothing has changed.

How long should i monitor him before I take him to the vets?

Tracyx

Just the celery? Leave that off a day or two and have a look then :)

How soft, is your soft? LOL Guin often has soft-ish ones that you can't pick up without squishing but stay together, whereas Ton's can be that soft they break

modified because my computer crashed mid typing

They are a lot softer than normal (couldnt pick one up without it squishing)
Whereas in the past they have always been like erm hardish to the touch.

He seems active enough, I havent given him celery tonight so will just keep monitoring him.
Don't want him to get dehydrated so just wondered how long to watch without getting a vets opinion

Tracyx

Sorry Kelly lol.
I have gremlins in the system tonight
Tracyx

Today his poops seem almost normal so I will leave the celery out of his food and try it again at a later date.

I've just realised he's 6 months old today

It sounds highly likey to be the celery then! :) Aww happy 6 month birthday! :smitten: :smitten:

hmm thats also sent Chocolate and Biccy soft today too ( the celery)

Hmm that's interesting Blaze has a soft tummy again and he's had celery recently. The others seem to be fine though, but Pepe won't eat it!

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back