• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Soft Poops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Albie's poops are nearly always soft lately. He's not losing weight, he's gaining every time i weigh him.
I with-hold veg & they get better but it seems as soon as i intro anything green, they go soft again.
Any ideas on how to keep them normal ? All the piggies have the same veg/fruit & he's the only one this affects

For some reason Duke's always been a bit like this too, but Sully wasn't, so maybe it's a hereditary thing ? ?
Hopefully somebody else may have the answer :)

Is it only a certain type of the green food that you give him? Cabbage leaves? Beans etc?

kellyandpiggies said:
Is it only a certain type of the green food that you give him? Cabbage leaves? Beans etc?

It's spring greens & kale, maybe green pepper oh & broccoli, especially if i feed any 2 dyas in a row, which i sometimes do because Maddie shares & also just to test him. His poops are never runny; sometimes clumpy but mostly just soft. When i think back he's been like this ever since i got him, the first time i thought i'd over done it with the veg, but maybe it's just him. :-\

I was going to buy diacalm to see if that'd make a difference but they're capsules not tablets.

Maybe give him greens every other day Niki, or limit the greens to 1 a day... I give mine greens everyday but if I have kale, spinach etc they will be alternated to avoid giving them the runs :)

Beks said:
Maybe give him greens every other day Niki, or limit the greens to 1 a day... I give mine greens everyday but if I have kale, spinach etc they will be alternated to avoid giving them the runs :)

I'll try this with him & if that doesn't work i'll try no green food at all for a few days & see what happens, poor Maddie, she'll wonder what's going on ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back