• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Soft poop problem

Angie2022

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi!
My piggies Mochi and Molly have been having soft poop for the last 2 days. Mochi has also be having teardrop shaped poop while Molly only has soft poop but look normal. They are still very active and wheek for veggies. I have been keeping them off veggies for about 24 hours. I read a lot online about probiotics like benebac but we can’t find those where I live. Is there any alternative? Would appreciate some advice.

Keep them off veggies for as long as it takes for the poops to normalise - it could be a few days. Once poops normalise you can slowly reintroduce veg again, starting with herbs is advisable as they tend to be milder on the tummy.
Switch from the normal weekly weight checks and instead weigh them daily so you can ensure they are eating enough hay.
If the poops don’t normalise after a few days off veggies, then see a vet.

Digestive Disorders: Not Eating - Diarrhea - Bloat - GI Stasis (No Gut Movement)
Weight - Monitoring and Management
Probiotics, Recovery Foods And Vitamin C: Overview With Product Links

Back