Soft hides.

piggl

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
Is there any decent soft hides for a good price.
I’m not against spending money on them but I cant really justify spending £20 on one hidey, especially now. Unless that’s all that’s available.
Actually saying that most of the hides and toys I have for them were from 10-20, but I am wondering anyway.

Even just a fancy cushion or something, my boys are on fleece but get out in a run attached to their hutch everyday but the flooring is hard, it does have a covering and absorbent layer, but not fleece.

I’ve never bought any, because of the price and the fact they live outside (in a insulated garage). I was always worried about cleaning them (they were on wood shavings) but now they’re on fleece, i’m washing stuff like that anyway.

I used to buy them from ebay sellers at around £10 each but found they don't wash well. I have some that are years old from Fuzzbutts they are more expensive but really well made and wash and wash and wash. They have two doorways which are great for boars and my boys love them. There's a thread somewhere about members recommended fleece sellers\

Our boys love the fuzzbutt fleece cubes, big fans here, hoomans and pigs. Ours have lasted really well.
I pop a small fleece pee pad in the bottom, to make them last longer between washes.

Our boys love the fuzzbutt fleece cubes, big fans here, hoomans and pigs. Ours have lasted really well.
I pop a small fleece pee pad in the bottom, to make them last longer between washes.
I do that too, I change it daily it really helps to keep them cleaner longer.

Thank you!
I didn’t know there was a fleece and accessories thread.

I try to avoid thinking of price when buying things. Because unfortunately prices are pretty high for materials these days and sometimes the cheaper mass made stuff isn’t well made or has cheaper materials.

Better to pay a bit more if able (I know money is tight for everyone). But often quality hand made items last for years, compared to cheaper mass made.

I try to avoid thinking of price when buying things. Because unfortunately prices are pretty high for materials these days and sometimes the cheaper mass made stuff isn’t well made or has cheaper materials.

Better to pay a bit more if able (I know money is tight for everyone). But often quality hand made items last for years, compared to cheaper mass made.
I understand, I’ll definitely pay for quality and the labour but I am at school full time and don’t have a steady job right now.

I do have ways of making money, just not in abundance.

Yeah it’s tough isn’t it. When I was making things to sell I tried so hard to keep prices down, and I know the hard balance of wanting to be affordable for all but needing to ensure you covered costs too.

Yeah it’s tough isn’t it. When I was making things to sell I tried so hard to keep prices down, and I know the hard balance of wanting to be affordable for all but needing to ensure you covered costs too.
I can imagine, the people making them need to pay bills too!

All the materials have gone up, foam, fleece, wadding, plus delivery costs too. It’s impossible to compete with mass produced China stuff, but the quality of materials and workmanship is quite poor

I sell lots of fleece items most of which are priced under £20, I'm not the cheapest but I know they are good quality and made to last, I’ve spent £60 on cardboard boxes alone today, a hidden cost that I don’t have much choice over 😅

My website is
www.thelittlefloofco.com ☺️

I sell lots of fleece items most of which are priced under £20, I'm not the cheapest but I know they are good quality and made to last, I’ve spent £60 on cardboard boxes alone today, a hidden cost that I don’t have much choice over 😅

My website is
www.thelittlefloofco.com ☺️
Ooh, I’ll definitely check them out.
They look amazing ❤️

I get my hides off etsy, they're really well made and you can purchase additional pee pads. I do have 2 that i got off ebay and they're the ones they love the best. Think they were only £9.99 each. They love to jump on top of them and sometimes even sleep on top. IMG_20230529_204036.webp

Back