So Satisfying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I've been a piggy owner for about 8wks now, and the time and research I've put in is really paying off. My girls are fitting in so well, even getting used to the noise of the house! They chattering and jumping about, not bothered with me constantly changing their cage layout as I add new things and try to make more room.
I've been having issues getting them to relax off me and on the floor, but I bought some fleeces yesterday and put them on the floor of their indoor run and they have been jumping about! Sooooo cute and satisfying, they talking away, Matilda trying to get Winnie to come out, not bothered with the dog walking past and taking food off my 2yr old, they really are brilliant! IMAG3620.webp IMAG3625.webp IMAG3615.webp

What cute girls! It really pays doing your research and being patient, but persistent.
Those people who think that guinea pigs are only happy with natural bedding have never witnessed the joy of piggies discovering soft fleece or fleece cosies!

Your guinea pigs look adorable! :wub::wub:

Lovely that they've settled in so well, it's clear that doing all the homework pays off :nod: And guinea pigs certainly do enjoy their fleeces :))

Mine don't have a fleece set-up inside their cage, they're on hay, but they really get comfortable in their fleece snugglies when they come out their cage. I've just put in a new order for some cuddle cups and snugglies yesterday so i don't run out. I'll be going through fleeces more when I finally get to set up an outside run (i can't wait, but am also nervous :doh:)!

Some people might have strong views about whether piggies should be kept in hay or fleece or whatever. But I think that's a preference really thats up to the owner. I think if a piggie was interviewing us they'd probably ask more about how much space they would have and who they will be sharing a room with - maybe to them the choice of hay or fleece is as individual as us choosing furniture...
:lol!:

As far as i'm concerned, guinea pigs can be happy either living in hay or on fleece, as long as they have access to good quality hay and food & clean water I think they'll be fine. And to be honest I think its far more important that they are kept in a clean environment. If their owner doesn't keep their cage nice and clean then I think the piggies won't be at all happy, whether its hay or whether its fleece, guinea pigs like to be kept nice and clean. And have things to do. And your guinea pigs look very happy playing in their tunnels in a nice big clean cage. :luv:

Last edited:
They are beautiful. Its so nice when they start to settle in and get used to everything.

They really make the work worth it, and the delivery man has just bought my new fleece liners and cosy cube from ziggies so shall be posting pics of their new cage soon! Sooooo excited!

Awww... they're such gorgeous & lucky piggies, i look forward to seeing their new interior design :))

I bet they'll be popcorning non-stop when they see all their new stuff! :luv:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back