Snuggle Safe

Roclibrarian

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I got the pigs a snuggle safe. Thought it was a bit of a gimmick tbh, they are inside so don't really need it. It took Luna a whole 5 mins to work it out, now she's camped out on it lol.
20171202_224541.webp
She got up for some water and went straight back. Now I feel guilty that Ginny is missing out! Ginny passed out in a cosy
20171202_225503.webp
She doesn't look too bothered lol. Maybe I should get a second one?

Did try making spare covers BUT couldn't work out how to do the two separate sections on the back! DUH!
Friend will help me though as off work hopefully next week and I've already bought the fleece for her!
We went halfers on a cheap sewing machine so I cut out the bits under her directions then she sews them!

I got the pigs a snuggle safe. Thought it was a bit of a gimmick tbh, they are inside so don't really need it. It took Luna a whole 5 mins to work it out, now she's camped out on it lol.
View attachment 75909
She got up for some water and went straight back. Now I feel guilty that Ginny is missing out! Ginny passed out in a cosy
View attachment 75910
She doesn't look too bothered lol. Maybe I should get a second one?
My piggies are in a heated Piggy Palace but I still like to give them snugglesafes - particularly the older piggies! Tansy who is one of my rescued Choc Agoutis loves sitting on it!

My neighbour made covers for mine. I supplied the fleece and the velcro and she did everything else. Basically, she went for easy and not complicated! She just made simple square pockets and put velcro on the top of both sides of the pocket. The snugglesafe slips in easily and I just velcro up the top! Nothing fancy and the piggies don't mind. In fact one has one side green and one side pink where she used more fleece than I thought was needed.

Hmm... I bought a snuggle safe for each pig, but they carefully avoid them even when I place them in their favorite houses and snuggle beds. Could they be too warm? They're inside and in a heated room. I really wanted my arthritic boar to use it for pain relief, but he couldn't be bothered. :(

Piggies are naturally cautious animals. They have to make sure this new strange thing that has arrived won't eat them! It may help if you rub some dirty hay over the top so that it smells right to them and not funny. I did that with a new bed I bought and although they were cautious they were jumping on it almost immediately cos it smelt right. It took a while for mine to trust snugglesafes too. Some piggies love them straight away.

Piggies are naturally cautious animals. They have to make sure this new strange thing that has arrived won't eat them! It may help if you rub some dirty hay over the top so that it smells right to them and not funny. I did that with a new bed I bought and although they were cautious they were jumping on it almost immediately cos it smelt right. It took a while for mine to trust snugglesafes too. Some piggies love them straight away.
Yep, I rubbed hay on mine before I put them in for the first time because Ringo and Olly are very suspicious piggies XD

You can trust guinea pig's to never do what you expect them to do. Clever Luna, I'm sure snugglesafes are more comfy that way. :))

I have 4 snugglesafes for my 5 piggies. One is always upstairs in the sleeping bit of the hutch under Betsy's favourite hidey which can fit 2 piggies in if she lets another in and the other 3 are downstairs 1 in the snuggly, 1 under the fur tunnel and one on the snuggly bed. I haven't got a piccie of the snuggly bed yet as it is new and the piggies won't let me take a piccie of them on it yet!

Betsy's favourite hidey! being modelled by ..... Betsy!
Betsy Peek a boo.webp

Snuggly being modelled by Dennis
Dennis in snuggly 1.webp

Fur Tunnel being modelled by Velvet
Velvet Tunnel 4.webp

Back