• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Snowy's "watery" eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caviesgalore (EPGPR)

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all I'm after a bit of advice.

Snowy one of my boars is just over 3 years old, lives in a large hutch with his pal Herbie, in our shed with the other piggies. The boys are housed on a thick layer of newspaper and lots of hay. A few days ago I thought Snowy was coming down with a cold because his eyes looked a bit watery and his nose a bit runny. I have been keeping a close eye on him and he seems fine in himself, eating and drinking well and coming up to the bars of the cage to see me when I go into the shed. The cold didn't really develop into anything, his nose is now clear but his eyes still look watery - a bit like when you've been sitting in a draft.

I haven't changed the boys bedding, food etc. and they haven't been outside whilst it's been damp and wet. Their cage is well away from any drafts so I'm a bit stumped. Everyone else appears fit and well. Any ideas?

Tonni has been getting like that lately, sometimes with a bit of discharge too, and when mentioned to Paula (vet) she said it was normal for older pig to get watery eyes :)

Sometimes they just do, but I would just have your vet check Snowy over. Your know how good guineas are at hiding the fact they are ill. :)

Thanks guys. I agree totally with you CC, these little fellas are experts when it comes to keeping illnesses quiet!

Snowy doesn't have any discharge as such Kelly, just runny eyes, looks like he's been crying. I think an MOT at the vet might be in order.

Caviesgalore said:
Thanks guys. I agree totally with you CC, these little fellas are experts when it comes to keeping illnesses quiet!

Snowy doesn't have any discharge as such Kelly, just runny eyes, looks like he's been crying. I think an MOT at the vet might be in order.

;D Let us know how it goes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back