• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sneezy piggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommies Mam

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My ginuea pig has an unusually long nose for a piggy and I have notice that from the minute I got him he sneezes a lot, it doesn't seem to bother him in any way, he eats well, drinks well and is a very active piggy-he even wipes his nose with his paw after he has sneezed! Do you think that it is any thing to be concerned about? He's been at the vets once for a general check up and he got the all clear but I never mentioned it then.

Thanks

What type of bedding is he on love?
He may have an allergic reaction to his bedding :-\
Keep an eye on him and if at all concerned speak to your vets :)
LOL Duke also wipes his nose after sneezing :smitten: cute eh

Glynis is right,it is probably an allergic reaction to something,maybe bedding as Glynis suggested but there are a lot of things piggies can be allergic too.

Household cleaners,
any type of spray,
perfume/hand cream on the owner

You will need to do a bit of detection.

Thanks for your advice, I wondered if it was an allergy. He is on vet bed but the problem started before I changed over, I wonder if its the air freshner I guess that if it irritates my asthma then it it quite likely he could be allergic to it as well.

Will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back