• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sneezing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think i just heard one of my sows sneeze?
I'm not sure-should i take her to the vet just in case?
What about the other three? :o

If its the first time - then no not straight away, have a look at her nose to make sure there's nothing sticking in it or up it! or if there is any snot(sorry couldn't think of a more politeword!) and just keep a eye on her and the rest of your gang!

Theres no mucus (thats the polite word for snot!), she was eating hay at the time. Maybe she has hay fever! ?

Thanks :embarassed: Sometimes they "truffle" in their hay and that makes them sneeze my boys do it all the time!

Sneezing is most often caused by dust or a tiny bit of hay,as Piglover rightly said.My pigs sneeze sometimes.usually just the once.As long as the piggy does not have runny eyes/nose and is eating normally, no need to go to a vet.

Actually i heard one of the others sneeze during a haircut, must have ben a hair tickling her nose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back