Smelly Piggles

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus+walter

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have two boars who are in a 4×2 C&C with fleece bedding. I changed all of their fleeces around and gave the cage a good scrub out yesterday. Today I've really noticed a pee kind of smell. I don't know if it's just because it's been warm today or if it's something to do with their maturity? Like maybe their hormones have really kicked in and their scenting the place? They are both around a year old. Any ideas?

Some days my boys smell more than others. I can go 3 days with no smell then other days the next day! Some people say they have boys that don't smell at all maybe they are scenting silly for a while.i def noticed it more the last month.My boys have just hit 7 months.

I put a load of puppy pads under their fleece to see if it would help. It did....until I noticed walter dragging his little bum everywhere and rubbing his booty on things. I could just imagine him saying "this is mine. So is this....and this...oh Gus, your favourite hut..yeah that's mines! " he sufferers from little man pig syndrome.

I cant even describe the smell ...well it is like old smelly socks! Both of them sitting there almost grinning at me!
Haha! Yeah my boys do that too when they kick up a stink. Cheeky buggers!
Maybe it has something to do with it getting warmer? Has been rather muggy today.
Maybe they just wanted to watch you fuss around changing them.:))

Haha! When the smell hits it's like the bog of eternal stench! Even after I clean them out and attack the cage with zoflora, I have to open the windows because I'm convinced I can smell it for ages!

Haha! When the smell hits it's like the bog of eternal stench! Even after I clean them out and attack the cage with zoflora, I have to open the windows because I'm convinced I can smell it for ages!
Just be wary with Zoflora...my friend killed her rats with that because it is so strong. :( ..and yes it def sticks in your nose haha!

When I checked it out, it said if it's diluted a certain amount it's safe to use with animals.
We use a reptile disinfectant with the rats cage as they lick and try to nibble EVERYTHING. I only use the zoflora on the correx, which is covered with fleece and newspaper....because they chew the corners. Naughty fatties.

Whats Zoflora?
http://www.zoflora.co.uk/

"When correctly diluted Zoflora may be used where most pets are kept. It will kill bacteria and eliminate unpleasant odours. Do not allow pets to lick or walk on wet treated surfaces. Keep off until dry. When disinfecting pet toys, finish by rinsing in cold water and drying thoroughly. Not suitable for use in vivaria or other housing where reptiles are kept".

Awww I remember seeing that in shops now. It obviously didnt make much of an impact lol
It's not impressive looking but it's always been my favourite. I used to have a cat and in a bedsit flat, it was the only thing I could use in the litter tray that didn't leave the place smelling toxic.
I just put their toys in boiling water. Safer all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back