smelling in the house

• Thread starter Thread starter cath
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cath

whats the best way to remove smell from the house? Its 2 boys, maybe thats the problem. They drink so much and i change the house almost every day.

Anyone with the same problem? What can i do to avoyd that smell? I use regular spon in the house..

welcome to the forum :) i agree with what jane says, have they got a toilet corner?

Megazorb is good for stopping the smell a bit, its messy for indoors though and quite dusty xx

Think it might depend on what sort of smell it is. Normal wee smell shouldn't smell after one or two days but males scent-mark and that is a disgusting smell! Are they doing lots of strutting and rumbling and stuff, if so it may be scent marking going on. Otherwise, I use newspaper, Aubiose and shredded paper/hay - sometimes if I've run out of Aubiose and only use shredded paper on the newspaper I've noticed they smell sooner. Definitely need something absorbent.

I use fleece blankets and change every day, it's not a lot of work, takes me an hour to change a hutch and 2 cages and a play pen too. I have no smell in my house at all that is associated with the pigs, only my burning of food can be smelt. :)

Bargain Madness always have cheap fleece. Megazorb is absorbent but not good for indoors to be honest, I've tried it and it was everywhere! :)

How old are the boys? I had exactly the same problem hen my boys hit puberty at about 4-5 months all of a sudden the house smelt really bad! thankfully it doesn't go on for long the smell was gone in 2 weeks! O0
Are there any females near by? sometimes that can cause scent marking! ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back