• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Small growth in corner of one eye

Sazeasy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello
I am attaching a photo. This small fleshy growth has appeared, in the corner of her left eye, at sole point in the last 2 days. I have photos of her, at lap time, the days before that and there is no sign of it.
She is booked in to see the vet. I appreciate it’s only small but eyes aren’t worth risking.
I am interested to know in the meantime, if anyone has seen similar?
I have a 25 second video of her last night and she blinks 4 times. I have videos of her and all our other piggies and even le grey ones show no blinking. So I can be fairly sure she is blinking due to the growth.
She hasn’t lost any weight (weighed weekly) but I have reverted to daily weighing whilst until we have diagnosis.
Vet can examine teeth in more detail, but the 4 notable front ones appear fine.
She doesn’t present in pain. She is eating as normal. She isn’t rubbing it.
In her cage are with 3 other females. They live indoors and on fleece bedding.
I have examined the eye and can see nothing stuck in there. Obviously I can’t detect any injury that drops might show.
It doesn’t seem to be causing discharge of watering.
It hasn’t grown or changed between last night and this morning.
Otherwise she is presenting entirely ‘normal’.
The vet will hopefully help her with it. But have you experienced anything similar?

Attachments

• 73926832-F857-4E17-88A0-17F630B47303.webp
    73926832-F857-4E17-88A0-17F630B47303.webp
    141.3 KB · Views: 7
Hello
I am attaching a photo. This small fleshy growth has appeared, in the corner of her left eye, at sole point in the last 2 days. I have photos of her, at lap time, the days before that and there is no sign of it.
She is booked in to see the vet. I appreciate it’s only small but eyes aren’t worth risking.
I am interested to know in the meantime, if anyone has seen similar?
I have a 25 second video of her last night and she blinks 4 times. I have videos of her and all our other piggies and even le grey ones show no blinking. So I can be fairly sure she is blinking due to the growth.
She hasn’t lost any weight (weighed weekly) but I have reverted to daily weighing whilst until we have diagnosis.
Vet can examine teeth in more detail, but the 4 notable front ones appear fine.
She doesn’t present in pain. She is eating as normal. She isn’t rubbing it.
In her cage are with 3 other females. They live indoors and on fleece bedding.
I have examined the eye and can see nothing stuck in there. Obviously I can’t detect any injury that drops might show.
It doesn’t seem to be causing discharge of watering.
It hasn’t grown or changed between last night and this morning.
Otherwise she is presenting entirely ‘normal’.
The vet will hopefully help her with it. But have you experienced anything similar?

Hi

That looks like a prolapsed conjunctiva or tear gland. It could be a mild infection of some sort with the tissue being just a little swollen. There is no damage to the eyeball.

Hi

That looks like a prolapsed conjunctiva or tear gland. It could be a mild infection of some sort with the tissue being just a little swollen. There is no damage to the eyeball.
Thank you @Wiebke
That makes sense. Hopefully some eye drops or antibiotics from the vet will help it go away before it starts to cause irritation or damage.

Back