Small Cage

lily and george

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering expanding my cage (30" x 44” with a small loft), but because of the space I have, I can't expand outward anymore, I also don't have room for ramps. are there any other ways I can expand my cage or is it stuck at this size for now?

C&C cages site has great ideas and products to build your cages upward.. i have bought from them numerous times and my boys have more than enough room.. i have my boys separated cause they drew blood and don't get along but i'm sure you can get ideas for you piggies -- you didn't mention how many you have but i hope this helped

The only way to provide more space in a cage is to expand outward and make the footprint bigger. If you don’t have any floor space to do so then there is nothing you can do to give them more room.
Expanding up by adding/enlarging a loft does not count as increasing the cage size as it doesn’t increase the cage’s footprint.

Your cage converts to 111x76cm which is around 8 square feet so is minimum size for two sows.
Two sows ideally need a 4x2 c&c (4 grids by 2 grids) which measures 60 by 28/29 inches (150x70cm) covering just over 10 square feet, so if you can’t expand your current cage at all due to not enough room then you likely won’t be able to fit a c&c cage either.

Back