• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Skinny Pig in Heat (Season)

Bethanie97

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi
I’ve had a skinny pig around 4 weeks but for around the last 3 weeks she has been in heat/season. Is this normal for skinnies? As my other guinea pigs normally only last for around 2 weeks.
Thanks in advance

They come into season around every two weeks but each season only lasts a few days.

Can you give a bit further information about the situation?
If you’ve had her for four weeks, has she just been bonded with another piggy? If so, then it takes two weeks for their relationship to fully form and seeing dominant behaviour during that time is to be expected, it’s not the same as being in season the whole time though.
How old is she?

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Yes she is bonded with a female guinea pig. They are inseparable. I have had plenty of piggies before and she is definite in heat and not dominance.
She is chasing the other piggie, her lady area is swollen, swaying her bottom end and putting it in the air, rumbling, very vocal, humping etc
She is around 18 weeks old.

Back