• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

skin problem

• Thread starter Thread starter factory81ph
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

factory81ph

hi guys good day! guys pls help me with my peruvian i think what i see is a skin problem, i see some white thing on his skin like dandruff. what should i do guys? pls help me and my piggy T_T

Could be mites, my Sheltie had this in the summer. I would take to a vet for a course of treatment. :)

Yep always best to get them checked out at the vets. If he's scratching a lot then it's very likely to be mites. O0

uhm guys i got a problem even though i want to bring my peruvian=butters to the vet because i already tried they dont accept gp's here in the philippines T_T is there anything i could buy or other alternative way to cure it?

Have a look at Gorgeous Guineas website,there is brilliant info on there on how to differentiate between various skin problems.You could also email Chrissie at GG for advice.Her products are very good,and are despatched quickly.

[email protected]

m

I agree you should contact www.gorgeousguineas.com i did because i have the same problem and ive just ordered some products and came really quick so I'm treating my guinea pig now ;D

hope you get things sorted :smitten:

emma

I had this problem a couple of days ago so we ordered some stuff from GG and they are about to be treated. :)

It might be difficult for our new friend tho... from the Phillipinnes so it could take awhile for delivery etc...

Has anyone any other ideas they could suggest that our new friend could try for their lovely piggie ?

I see what you mean Glynis, stupid here thought it was in england 98) 98) 98) ::)
Delivery from England could take a while? I'm sure someone will be able to come up with something...

hi guys thanks a lot for your replys, i really cant order from england ^_^ but i ru into some vets thats is nice and even though they dont have the right medicine for my butters they suggested to me to use petroleum jelly and so i treid it and it works hehehehe my butters fungal now is gone but lost some hair were the fungal is.
thanks guys and update if something happen bad to my butters.

Your pig probably does need a bath, have a look at the website that Alex said, see if there are any gentle human shampoos that you could use.

Last resort I could always post some from gorgeousguineas.com for you.

I bet if you email Chrissie she could recommend something though, she really helped me, I am inexperienced with pigs and had a mite infection a couple of weeks ago, all better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back