• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Skin on ear

Rivervixen

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Just noticed the skin on ozzys ears is a little dry and flaky, any ideas what this is please?

Attachments

• IMG_6985.webp
    IMG_6985.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 3
I would have him checked for a fungal infection. Of course, it could just be a dry ear but it’s best to rule out a fungal infection x

Hi

I agree; this looks like a potential fungal ear infection to me, especially with the tiny bloody patches. Please see a vet in the coming week.

Took him to the vet as his eye looked strange too. She admitted they don’t deal with many piggies but is sure this is both an ear infection and fungal as he has discharge in the ear too. I’ve been given medication to apply inside the ear and on the flaky ouchy bits as well. I’m uncomfortable with this as it’s the one piggie part I’ve never had to medicate. Slow and steady x

I’m glad you’ve had Ozzy seen and have a diagnosis although I’m sorry he has an ear infection on top of the fungal ear infection 😞 All the best with the treatment and I hope he feels better soon x

I’m glad you’ve had Ozzy seen and have a diagnosis although I’m sorry he has an ear infection on top of the fungal ear infection 😞 All the best with the treatment and I hope he feels better soon x
Thank you so much, he’s not very happy with me at the moment.. hoping we clear this up soon x

Back