• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Skin coloured spot

• Thread starter Thread starter Toby&Patchy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toby&Patchy

Where patchy's right leg is there is a bald spot. In that bald sopt is a skin coloured spot. Anyone know what it is. It doesnt just look like any ordinary one. I will post pics so you get the idea. Should I take him to the vets?

Pictures would be very helpful, as a bald spot could be alot of things.

Mites cause hair loss, as do hormone problems, if its a very round, very regular bald spot, it could also be a fungal problem.
It could also be as simple as him having caught his hair on a sharp corner in his cage - maybe there is a sharp edge to a house?

But just to make sure I would always have a vet have a look at him.

I've just nabbed one of mine and had a look at her legs lol, if you mean on the inside of his front leg near his foot, mine have very little hair around the ankle, it starts just above that, and the lump may be his ankle? My girls have both got a white leg with pink skin and they have 'lumps' which are their ankles, it doesn't look the smae on the back leg though. Just an idea lol a picture would help x

Ive just found out what it is!

a sist *i think thatas how you spell it* it's common to guinea's and if it doesnt grow any bigger then patchy's fine! if it does , vets ASAP! q: ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back