Six Week Old Boar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

we're going to be taking TK to meet a six week old boar tomorrow. I've never had a guinea pig that young.

Will he require the same sort of care as our other guinea's or will we need to do anything different?

thanks in advance.

Thanks Wiebke.

That's ok the boys in my room are noisy anyway, Jericho and Storm are very vocal and the noise at night/morning from all of them gets a bit bonkers lol.

The youngest I think we've had was about 4 months old. Just making sure I don't do anything wrong.

Good luck @Kerrie74 ... Ours were only 6 weeks old when we got them and they were and still are very fast lol... Hope it goes well x

Thanks guys :) I really don't want to adopt another guinea pig, we have 9 already and they can cost a bit in vet fees, but I also cannot afford to get another guinea pig neutered and know that he cannot stay on his own, so that's why we are adopting. I'm just a born worrier I think and I worry about everything, the anxiety doesn't help much.

I'll post pics when we've got him, hopefully it doesn't turn out the same as the himi's lol, but I'm told with him only being 6 weeks old, that it should be fine.

No more guinea's after this one!

Thanks guys :) I really don't want to adopt another guinea pig, we have 9 already and they can cost a bit in vet fees, but I also cannot afford to get another guinea pig neutered and know that he cannot stay on his own, so that's why we are adopting. I'm just a born worrier I think and I worry about everything, the anxiety doesn't help much.

I'll post pics when we've got him, hopefully it doesn't turn out the same as the himi's lol, but I'm told with him only being 6 weeks old, that it should be fine.

No more guinea's after this one!
As we don't have boar dating here I found getting 4 week old Peanut Butter from a rescue to lone boy Hazelnut, who was then 7 months, to work out well. Hazelnut was an adult by the time PB hit his stroppy teenage time & wow was he a humper! But Hazelnut would just shrug him off & waddle away.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back