Singleton Pig

twobigpigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hiya
Unfortunately I did lose my first pig yesterday quite quickly although it was expected the loss was so hard. I am left with my other pig, she is a singleton now and she seems to be taking it well. She is eating and drinking ect.. except she keeps sitting where pebbles sat. Will be doing a deep clean of the cage today as yesterday I was a mess.
She keeps talking to me. Only when i hold her she makes a few little sounds and I talk to her normally but I get little squeaks as a response.

The thing is i am unsure if i should try to bond with an old girl or a younger pig. Or if i should bond at all as pumpkin is getting sick with her few tumours. If i was to bond and say pumpkin passed in the next three months or so id give the new pig up to someone else as I do believe this may be the last time I own pigs for a while.

So sorry you lost one of your girls. It’s a hard decision, could you foster a piggie maybe?Some rescues do offer fostering so you return the piggies after your loss

So sorry you lost one of your girls. It’s a hard decision, could you foster a piggie maybe?Some rescues do offer fostering so you return the piggies after your loss
I reached out to one near me who said they had older pigs. Their eldest was 4 years old and I said I will reach back out if I have any more questions but this is definitely an option for me. They do offer the fostering part of what you said.

Back