silly bedding question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soozn

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just joined the forum (great!) and have been reading the reviews of bedding types. I've had piggies for 15 years and have always used woodflakes but having read your comments I'm thinking of trying vetbed. My girls are very good and don't wee on the carpet when they're out and about - will they treat the vetbed like carpet and try to keep their little legs crossed?! Poor piglets! Or will they decide they can wee on the carpet too?

Should I cover the whole of the base of the cage with vetbed? If not, what else?

WELCOME :D

I personally have used woodshavings and sawdust and had no problems so unless i had a problem with it then id change it otherwise i wouldnt but you said you want to try out vetbed well good luck with it and hope they like it :D I havent tried it with my lot but I'm sure someone would help you soon ;)

hi and Welcome!
i use vetbed and love it! i put fleece under it and yup i cover the entire cage/hutch
and i use fleece as snuggles instead of hay but they get loads of drry grass
for me its a lot easier to clean etc than tradional bedding

I put Daisy and Clover on vetbed for the first time this morning...Clover was happy straight away, Daisy voted with her feet, hopped out of the cage and retreated to her fave place under the hi-fi!

I've shut them in the cage while I'm upstairs for a bit - time will tell! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back