• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Side of piggies mouth is wet

• Thread starter Thread starter baby piggie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby piggie

My piggie truffles has only recently started having wet fur at the side of his mouth, its not really on his chin its more along the left hand side of his mouth. He is still eating and seems to be okay. I wasn't sure if its maybe water that's got on his fur off the water bottle as he drinks it at a funny angle. Has anyone got any idea what this may be, it doesn't smell or anything like that. I have also gave him things to chew and he doesnt bother with them - he prefers to chew his plastic bowl ::)

If it is only on side that the mouth is wet it could well be just from the water.Piggies with dental problems can slobber but this normally causes a wetness under the chin as well as the sides of the mouth.Please do not let him chew the plastic bowl,especially if it is coloured plastic.,which is particularly toxic.Piggies love plastic for some reason and will chew it at every chance,but it is very bad for them.Soft plastic as in supermarket bags could stick in the colon and cause bloat,and the hard plastic contains chemicals which can cause liver damage,.The bowls I use are all ceramic,I do not allow anything plastic in my pig pens.If I trhink one of my pigs has chewed soft plastic I give one ml of either olive oil or liquid paraffin to flush it through the gut.It is easy to accidentally drop a plastic bag and they are on it before you can move. Mary

Thanks for replying, I'm not to keen on him chewing the plastic either, i am going to get him a nice ceramic one tomorrow. Its not his chin thats wet only one side of his cheek area and he seems to be eating okay. i will be keeping a wee eye on him anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back