• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

sick pigs - can anyone help!

• Thread starter Thread starter siploos
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

siploos

hello there everyone!
I've come on here to see if anyone knows what may be ailing my guinea pigs - Two years ago one became thin and her back went a bit crooked. She was old so I thought it was just that her time had come. This year, the same thing happened with a male, he was only 4. The same thins has happened again to another male. He is not even three so I am sure it must be an illness rather than a sign of old age. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thank you, Simon

Hi Simon, welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure I can help but I'm sure someone else will be able to - are the pigs related to each other? Have they seen a vet?

:)

Hi Simon,

I'm sure about this either.

Have you taken them to a vet.

There are some books that you could have a read through. The Guinea Pig Lopeadia, and Peter Gurney has some books, can't remember the titles though.

You could also contact the cambridge cavy trust to see if they have come across this before.

But I would get this checked by a vet though.

Oh bye the way welcome to the forums.

Jaye

Are these pigs related and did you get them from a breeder?.This sounds like a genetic problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back