Shyness

• Thread starter Thread starter wojo1264
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wojo1264

My piggy has been in my house for 1 month, but when I take him out of his cage, he acts shy and is very still. Is something wrong, or is he still getting used to my and my family? ?

Guinea pigs are naturally shy creatures and it does take time with any new piggy but he may be just scared of the noises in your house or something, try speaking to him softly and remove his house and try to handle him as much as possible and give him lots of attention and cuddles as thats the key to getting him to know you more O0

If he just stays in his cage for days on his own hell get used to that, but you may think oooh he needs time alone as hes scared but the longer you leave him in his cage then the longer hes gonna not get used to you and hell be even more frightened than before ;)

Usually he'll come out with me for about, eh, 15 minutes about 3-4 times a day.
Should I bond with him more? ?

wojo1264 said:
Usually he'll come out with me for about, eh, 15 minutes about 3-4 times a day.
Should I bond with him more? ?
Its up to you really, as i have lots of piggys mine dont get that long with me really and i do cuddle them and walk around with them one by one but they definitely dont get that long so I'm not sure why hes soo frightened 98) ummmmm.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back