shredded papaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnasPiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
is shredded papaer alright to uses a a bedding well as a kinda hide kinda stuff i dnt
well nis it safe 2 use>??

yer well i meant newspaper o thts kk then cheeper way of getting bedding fanx O0
anz x

yeah its fine - as long as you take the staples out O0

and make sure any toner ink used on the shredded paper is safe for animals.. i believe the usually are - never had any probs with shredded paper and my piggies! and it is less dusty and allergy making than wood shavings... :smitten:

I use a mixture of shredded paper and wood chips through out the whole cage. I spread a good thick layer of shredded paper first and then add a thin layer of wood chips. As someone else said above, you do need to be very careful to make sure the shredded paper hasn't got sharp pieces of staples (or even worse someone has put thier credit card through it and has made sharp bits of plastic!) I've used this method for the last few years and it has worked relaly well, also you are doing a little bit towards recycling that shredded paper ( and it's cheaper! ) I forgot to add, I always line the cage first with some layers of newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back