Should I wean my guinea pigs onto different nuggets?

Aisling

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have two female guinea pigs that are about 4 years of age and they have been eating the burgess excel blackcurrant and oregano nuggets since I got them. I have recently noticed that it is getting harder and harder to find that flavour and they appear to no longer be sold at my usual pet shop. I can get them from elsewhere but it's not ideal. I am now wondering if I should try to wean them onto a different flavour or just buy the food elsewhere as to not upset their diet.

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

I would try to introduce something different slowly by mixing some of the ones you have now with something different. I don't stick to one type all the time for this reason. It's better if they don't get too used to one brand or one flavour. Nuggets aren't an essential part of the diet, not everyone feeds them so it won't be a disaster if you can't persuade them to eat something else and can no longer get the blackcurrant ones.

I can't advise as when I adopted Mischievous Master Boris he was on P@H nuggets. I followed the advice to get him eating the science selective Dignified Sir George had.
The result?
Both Beastie Boys eat P@H brand 🙄

Back