Should I give Pringle a trim?

rp1993

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
I’m a conscious Pringle seems to be a bit hot, he is always chilling in his ice blocks, we keep the room as cool as possible, is it strange to trim an aby? Not sure if it’s worth it to see if he is more comfortable or if he just likes the cool feeling on his belly?
Does anyone else trim abys?
BDC4ECB6-9406-42A8-AC9F-9D71B7B0598E.webp

Not sure about trimming Abyssinians, I'm curious too, but my piggies only lie on the cool packs when they're really too warm, so I'd think Pringle is feeling the heat.

I think its worth a try, the fur ridge along the back especially is quite thick for hot weather, though the aesthetic results can be a bit alarming- I think you saw in my thread how Jezzy floof looks after her trim! Jezzy is part Aby and part sheep, now with a hint of hedgehog. I usually thin out her woollier areas and get rid of her back ridge in the summer :)

I think its worth a try, the fur ridge along the back especially is quite thick for hot weather, though the aesthetic results can be a bit alarming- I think you saw in my thread how Jezzy floof looks after her trim! Jezzy is part Aby and part sheep, now with a hint of hedgehog. I usually thin out her woollier areas and get rid of her back ridge in the summer :)
Thanks! Yes his ridge abs around his shoulders is pretty thick, I’ll give it a go! Can’t look any worse than pepper!

Back