Should I Cover My Pigs Cage At Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've heard from friends who own piggy's that they do cover the cages at night to help calm them down. Has anyone else heard this or does this and is it something I should start doing?

No need to do that at all. Sophie has a little hidey house in the cage doesn't she?

@Justin did you get any further forward with finding a different cage? I can't find your old thread from yesterday.

That's great! Just remember to give her floor time everyday. I can't remember if you said you did or not. I'm sure you probably do just from reading your posts. :)

Can't wait to see her new pad next month.

Angela

That's great! Just remember to give her floor time everyday. I can't remember if you said you did or not. I'm sure you probably do just from reading your posts. :)

Can't wait to see her new pad next month.

Angela
I give her some floor time and I try to have 'piggy time' with her. With piggy time I'll watch TV while she is on my chest. I give her either lettuce, spinach or hay. I talk to her and pet her while letting her explore and get used to me. :)

That sounds great as long as she gets time to stretch her legs and run a little too. She looks like my Kitty :) The brown pig in my pic is Kitty the silver one is Nancy and the tan and white is Nessy.

I cover my cage at night, I think it tells her its sleep time. I've done it every since I've had her so now its kind of a habbit.
I only use to do it because we have cats and a cat flap so to give her abit more protection, but now like I said its kind of a routine and in the morning when I uncover her she comes out her little hidey hole and does a big stretch and yawn and waits for her breakfast, its cute.
But yeah... I don't think it matters either way if you do or don't really :) just giving you a perspective from someone else who does cover at night. Oh I should also mention I leave one side open to let air in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back