Should I Bathe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeak Dreams

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I have 3 girl piggies I got on Friday they are 7-8 weeks nearly 9 the problem is they pee on each other a lot and they are starting to smell I bought a pets at home shampoo for them but are they too young to be bathed also are they to young for their toenails to be clipped ?

At that age, they shouldn't need their toenails clipped.
Best not use the shampoo until the correct age, to be safe. You could just dampen them with some water if needed.

We recommend 12-16 weeks at the very earliest. You can give them wipe downs and bum baths with handwarm water before that.

Nail clipping is not necessary until the nails are really starting to grow, which can be anytime between 4 months to 10 months of age; it depends on the individual piggy. At first, you just very gently clip the very tip of their sharp baby claws once they get going. The nails will later become firmer and thicker. They tend to grow fastest duing the second year of their lives.

O
We recommend 12-16 weeks at the very earliest. You can give them wipe downs and bum baths with handwarm water before that.

Nail clipping is not necessary until the nails are really starting to grow, which can be anytime between 4 months to 10 months of age; it depends on the individual piggy. At first, you just very gently clip the very tip of their sharp baby claws once they get going. The nails will later become firmer and thicker. They tend to grow fastest duing the second year of their lives.
ok thank you with the bum bath and wipe downs should I just put them in the sink with warm water and hold them but let them stand on there 2 back legs so I can see their bellys and just out some water on there bellys because bubbles belly is wet all over and she does need a wash

Which way works best for you! Bathing in a bowl on the (wipeable) floor or on the bottom of the bathtub is probably best in case you have a harakiri jumper. Put an old towel underneath the bowl. Make sure that they are in a warm place for the night.

I would bathe them together; they tend to stay calmer and will seek support from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back