Should I Bath My Piggie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxaimeexx

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I need to bath my piggie because she is going brown on her white fur and I don't know if it would be too cold in Glasgow overnight. I would do it inside and towel and blow dry her. Or should I wait till the summer.

I have decided against today but I think I will keep an eye on the weather towards the end of the week!

My guinea pig has long white hair so I constantly struggle with her fur getting too long and becoming yellow. I would recommend bathing your pig on a warm, sunny day and making sure they are completely dry before putting them back. I also keep the hair around my pig's bottom trimmed neatly to prevent too much staining when I don't have a chance to wash my pig during the winter months.

Weather for tonight looks good so its into the bath for Holly!

if it is around her bum area then a bum bath may suffice. warm water, drop of guinea pig safe shampoo and a flannel should be enough. i used to have to do this for maisie sometimes when she got her 'skirt' wet and messy!

Thanks! She got sticky stuff on her a few days ago so I'm just going to get her over and done with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back