Shortages

Tnoz

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Good evening all, hope your all ok and piggies doing good, I’m reading that certain places are limiting peppers and other veggies, that’s not good considering we all buy several packs a week for our babies. Hopefully things will get better soon. Take care

Good evening all, hope your all ok and piggies doing good, I’m reading that certain places are limiting peppers and other veggies, that’s not good considering we all buy several packs a week for our babies. Hopefully things will get better soon. Take care

I've been lucky so far with going through 3 peppers and 1 cucumber daily that all I got was grocer's packs of peppers last week - but at least enough peppers. Thankfully, everything I ordered was there today!

But I really struggled during the first lockdown when all I could find was 5 peppers for 27 piggies for a whole week at one point, and very little low calcium veg and salad either... Thankfully we had the warm weather as I had to rely quite heavily on my lawn to make up for it. I still ended up with one urethral stone piggy by the autumn as a result. :(

Hopefully by stepping in quickly and limiting purchase it will at least keep supplies steady rather than non existent and hopefully there will be sympathetic staff in the case of multi-piggie owners. i thought you couldn’t hoard salad veg like loo roll but yesterday whilst I was shopping a chap put a whole pallet of little gem lettuce into his trolley 😬 I asked him very politely if he would leave at least one pack for my piggies. The fact that he looked at me blankly suggests he wasn’t a piggie owner 😂

Back