Short Frustration Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtles

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
when i started looking for piggies i felt like there was more choice than i could ever choose from. Sadly that feeling has gone.
I picked 2 little girls, a very young one and a little older one. (one was 3months, the other a little younger.)
Sadly i was informed that the youngest one has passed away, not sure what happened but saddening news none the less.
However finding a new girl from a trustworthy place seems impossible.
I have contacted several "hobby breeders" and put several ads but I get no response or they have nothing in offer.
I also contacted a couple of rescue homes but it's all the same story (I might wanna add that I live in belgium) that or they closed down or things like that.
It's all getting incredibly frustrating, mostly because I'm getting worried i might not be able to find my little girl a friend.
I've been contacted by several people but I don't trust most of them. They all have so many young piggies to choose from it makes me think they're just breeding away with the pigs without looking at diseases or genetics and I don't wanna support that kind of people.

I agree it is very frustrating but, please be patient .

The last part of your post sums up why this forum doesn't support breeding .

I will tag @Wiebke as she may have some idea of a rescue that may be able to support you . Please bear in mind that Wiebke is having some health problems at the moment so, it may be a while before she is able to answer.

Last edited:
I am so sorry. We are very lucky in the UK to have a rescue network, sadly in other countries this is not always the case. Could I ask what part of Bulgaria you are in so I can try and do some research through a few channels for you.

I am so sorry. We are very lucky in the UK to have a rescue network, sadly in other countries this is not always the case. Could I ask what part of Bulgaria you are in so I can try and do some research through a few channels for you.
I am from belgium not bulgaria. That little country between france and germany. I personally live in flanders but I don't mind making a trip. Though i don't wanna travel insane distances because I can't imagine piggies like being in a car for several hours

Hi everyone,
when i started looking for piggies i felt like there was more choice than i could ever choose from. Sadly that feeling has gone.
I picked 2 little girls, a very young one and a little older one. (one was 3months, the other a little younger.)
Sadly i was informed that the youngest one has passed away, not sure what happened but saddening news none the less.
However finding a new girl from a trustworthy place seems impossible.
I have contacted several "hobby breeders" and put several ads but I get no response or they have nothing in offer.
I also contacted a couple of rescue homes but it's all the same story (I might wanna add that I live in belgium) that or they closed down or things like that.
It's all getting incredibly frustrating, mostly because I'm getting worried i might not be able to find my little girl a friend.
I've been contacted by several people but I don't trust most of them. They all have so many young piggies to choose from it makes me think they're just breeding away with the pigs without looking at diseases or genetics and I don't wanna support that kind of people.

It can be very frustrating finding "safe" guinea pigs in quite large areas of the world!

If you wish, I can put you in contact with a fb friend/ex forum member living in Belgium (in a Flemish speaking area), who has recently taken in a large lot of neglected gender mixed guinea pigs that need to find safe homes once they are ready and well enough for adoption. She is doing her best to make sure that no further accidents will happen and is getting good standard rescue advice from a UK sanctuary I have put her in contact with, but has only limited support from other Belgian rescues.
Please message me by clicking on the envelope icon at the top if you would be interested in giving a pair of genuine rescue guinea pigs a happy ever after.

I am from belgium not bulgaria. That little country between france and germany. I personally live in flanders but I don't mind making a trip. Though i don't wanna travel insane distances because I can't imagine piggies like being in a car for several hours

Apologies, that is me reading quick :)) I am aware of Belgium :)

Sorry i hope i didn't come over rude!
English isn't my native language so sometimes I can come a cross a bit sharp, totally not what i'm going for of course!

English isn't my native language so sometimes I can come a cross a bit sharp, totally not what i'm going for of course!

Of course not, i really should read better :)

Your English is excellent! I have posted on a few groups asking if anyone knows of any rescues reputable near to you.

You didn't come across sharp, we just like a chance to wind up sport_billy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back