shocked at how many people piggies bite !

• Thread starter Thread starter archieismybaby
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

archieismybaby

!obviously when they havent got mites), mine is a grumpy thing he only nips when investigating but not excessive, when you tap in piggies as pets they are described as fab for kids never bite etc.....so when reading the other topic i was surprised how many do bite you! //it must really hurt ouch :o

In the 40+ years we have kept Piggies I have never once had a bite from one not even from a rescue ::)

I was worried about this when I first got the boys but mine have never bitten me. Cuzzy lets me stroke his piggy lips and Sunshine always comes up to me for food but never bites. I don't know why they don't have a nibble, they seem quite gentle. On the other hand Twinkle would be the one to have a go, he's dead 'ard! Well he thinks he is until Sunshine tells him off!

Louise
x

Blaze used to bite all the time (sometimes quite hard) when we first got him, but Scampy never did. We don't know their circumstances before we got them so we assumed Blaze had been mishandled and did it in defence of something he feared may happen. He got a lot better the longer we had him and hardly bit at all by the time he left us for the bridge.

Both Pepe and Oscar occassionally have a little nip but nothing serious. Dylan likes to lick our hands and ocassionally "mouths" us but doesn't bite down.

My piggies have never bit me :)

When they lick me they occasionally get a bit crazy and start slightly nibbling on me ::) but it doesn't hurt at all lol, I think they're either trying to groom me..or...eat me ;D ;D ;D

I've been bitten once but it was my fault, i was throwing a towel in to stop a fight & my finger came into contact with teeth before the towel ::)

Honkey has bite me once today but he also crawls up me to my face so he can lick me on the chin, then he makes really loud wheeking noises. He has a salt thing in his cage but why would he want to lick me, I am forever removing him from my chest as he is climbing up.

NONE have bitten me but one new born baby nibbled me so i named him Nibbles ;D
All mine done was Squeak so i named her squeak ;D

The majority of piggys dont bite but if its your fault by accident and you hurt them or are just scared then they will bite without no hesitation :D

we are still getting use to ours,although we havnt been bitten this week I'm quite anxious when my daughter is holding them. i dont want it to happen again. they have been good girls this week.but as soon as they turn their heads i get on edge. ha ha ha big bab y or what.xx :)

i was just surprised at a post i read today! mine is getting a bit um s3xy with me tonight ! hes purring and popcorning around me :-* maybe its my perfume ;D

archieismybaby said:
i was just surprised at a post i read today! mine is getting a bit um s3xy with me tonight ! hes purring and popcorning around me :-* maybe its my perfume ;D

And there was I just thinking this was a way for piggie to say they love you lol

I have found the rescue ones or the ones who have come from pets shops have bitten me, never hard, but the ones i have had from little babies have never bitten me, it all depends on what happens to them before they come to your home,

On saying that rustie will bite me given the chance, never hard i am sure she does it to say hi, like a love bite ;D

The women who said she was in bed for three days may have been telling the truth. It was in the Lynn News (Newspaper from Kings Lynn that we get delievered up here to keep up to date with Peter's home town) that a man was bitten by a hamster and went into anapylatic (sp) shock and was in hospital for a week! Very odd!

Louise
x

Daisy bit me a few times (and quite hard!) when I first brought her home - now she just nibbles on me. Blossom has never bit or nibbled me. :)

I used to have to microfiche medical records, it was only emergency out of hours doctor's, well naming no names but a certain black male comedian did ring up one Christmas as he had been bitten by his pet hamster, if I remember right.
I must admit that microfilming that day cheered me up no end.

yes it can cause shock i saw that in my newspaper too !

archie s never bitten but then when hes jumped a bit i move my hand quickly so he hasnt has the chance!

My previous guinea pig bit me a ouple of time when angry, my guinea before, Sophie was as the vet called him a guinea pig with attitude and I was often getting bit. If i dared go on holiday I was guaranteed to get bit hard when I got back and then ignored for several days!

ouch ive never been bitten myself, the little nibble but i bet it hurts !

just surprised as on all the info on guinea pig s they say they dont bite ! my guinea pig bruno (rip) was a right little sod hed try and bite and tug my clothes !

archie is getting calmer now hes older though ! must be mellowing with his age :smitten:

Well, I take back what I said about Blossom - she gave me a nasty bite last night! Took me ages to get the bleeding to stop and it still hurts today so so much for them not biting. She was the one who was so well behaved too! However, I was trying to give her her first nail trim and I don't think she liked it too much - and neither did I! :(

duke bites me so hard i could pick my hand up and he would still be hanging there! lol he's never drawn blood as yet..i thought they grew out of it! none of my girls seem to bite, but duke is always nipping my hand or chewing my clothes etc

Honkey has gone past biting but last night I was laying on the sofa and honky was sat on my shoulder and then I felt something warm and wet on my neck...
The little so and so wee'd on my neck 98)

anaplyleptic (sp?) shock is just an allergic reaction, i get it if i have penicilin, happened twice. So i suppose bites can cause this if people are allergic? mine nibble my hands when they're licking me but i've never been bitten, they are very placid little things and mine let me touch their lis etc without biting x

ouch ! maybe i jinxed it or it could be that is was a full moon last night :o ;D

maybe its a male thing they like to dominate us or something , would be interesting to know if females nip a little too.

Archie was out on my sofa last night and when i picked him up to put him back into his cage he growled ! my hand was near his mouth but he didnt bite , so maybe hes just grumpy.

i have been bitten yet fingers crossed!

sorry just noticed you said yours is a girl ! blossom !

hmm wonder why !

Ive been told that pet shop piggies and rescues are more likely to bite than if you have them from babes do you think this is true?

I dont think so but i guess it could cause the figgity piggy and more scratchy one but i think they dont have more contact than home piggys as the pet shop i went to they never holded any animals :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back