shelter in a run?

• Thread starter Thread starter seren6025
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seren6025

I have just bought a run from p@h ...and was wondering what to use as a shelter to put inside....I am considering using an upturned cardboard box or buying a wooden one. The run will be in a nice shady spot....just wondering what other people have used? 98)

Hello!

Well, we have a couple of different things in ours. We have a plastic pigloo (from P@H), a cardboard chube and a shoe box i have cut holes in. The more the better really as they will feel nice and safe.

My run also has two shaded areas at with end, it came like that. But if you wanted to give them an extra bit of protection from the wind and sun you could always tack some mdf over one end and cover with roofing felt? All available very cheaply at your nearest DIY store!

my pets @ home run i have bought a gardeb bench plastic cover and put that over half of it. did you buy the £29 one?

in my run i use various things, pigloos, pet carrier, and beer boxes, theres always beer boxes around thanks to my oh and son, they make great shelters, you can fill them with hay or put a piece of fleece in them to lye on.

Beer boxes eh? Now I have an excuse! Thanks everyone lots of great ideas! O0

We have some window boxes that have been turned upside down and had holes cut in them - they make a great shelter. :)

sorry... meant to add that I dont use the roof of the house because that end of the run is wooden anyway. Just use the outer shell to make them feel safer - and it makes it easier for me to get them out when outside time is over (if I round them up to go in the house).

Think mine is a bit bigger than the one shown on the link (and doors/windows are slightly different)

O0

Thanks Piggyloon O0 I have just visited the site and it looks great! Definately food for thought! O0

thats ok! O0 Cant remember where I got mine from... think it was a garden centre near me selling pet stuff. Like I said - mine is slightly different to that one on the link. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back