Sheds and Under floor Heating

• Thread starter Thread starter Jodiec
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jodiec

Hi i'm going to be buying a shed for my 4 new rescue pigs and i want them to be free roaming in the shed - it will probably have a run type construction with toys and hiding areas etc. The shed will have barn doors and probably a cat flap to allow them to go out to an outdoor run on to the grass. I just wondered what other people had done in their sheds and whether anyone has underfloor heating to keep the chill out in the winter rather than heaters. I am thinking of installing underfloor heating (obviously kept at a low temp) which would then mean the floor needs tiling, then newspaper and bedding and hay.
What do people think, and what are the best bits of other peoples shed? Any good tips for me. Thanks :D

:D Piggy sheds!

A lot of people use lino as flooring because it is easy to clean...

Make sure you post pictures when it is finished....and then more a month later so we can see how the pigs trash it >:D

I have lino on my shed floor. Those tiles your thinking of are more than pricey and I do not think they would work well in a shed.

I dont think under floor heating would work in a shed.As for tiles on the floor I am not sure if it would work because shed floors have a bit of give when you walk over them so I think the tiles would just work loose.

You could try to insulate the flooring?
Then put lino on top for easy cleaning.
Underfloor heating can be very expensive, especially on those bills. :laugh:

Thanks for replying - my hubby is a handyman and fits underfloor heating, he said it would cost £100 to install and then buy real cheap tiles (approx £30), stick them down with tile on wood adhesive which is made for flexible surfaces, and then set at a low temp would cost about £30 a year in electricty, which is probably cheaper than putting a heater in there - as we had an oil filled heater once that cost a fortune.
As they are will be free roaming i'm worried about the shed getting too cold - i guess i could buy a few of those snugglesafe heat pads and put them in thier bed area?
Lots to think about!

I have the adhesive tiles (lino type) in my shed and they're fine and easy to clean.

Think i will stick to lino and buy a couple of the snugglesafe heat pads. I have just got my new piggies - i just have to get them used to each other now! 2 are very timid and 2 are quite confident little things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back