• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Helloooooooo there :),

Ok, quick question, how much does an Abi shed......I wouldn't call it hair loss as there's no patches or usual soreness etc but Gizmo definately seems to shed a lot more than Pixie our smooth haired. Is this just an Abi trait due to the spiky rosetted hair?

We've got Lice n Go in the cupboard along with their usual GG shampoo and conditioner, would it be worth using this for a couple of washes? Just to be on the safe side?

Anyone? :-X

I think we'll start to brush her after her bathtime, hopefully that'll cut down on my fiancee's t-shirts turning white...... ;D

I'm not sure - I've noticed both of my boys (but mostly Beauty) are like this at the moment...they're just normal smooth haired piggies though so yeah. :-\ ?

As long as there's no skin irritation or dead skin on the end of the hair I shouldn't worry. I also find that pigs who aren't handled a lot tend to shed more initially, but I'm sure thats not the case here :)

All piggies generally are like this in the Summer. They malt for the warm weather but it will come back for the cold Winter. Its just the way the clever little animals adjust to the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back