Shed

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 1169
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1169

Does insulation make the shed warmer ? ?
And is it quite pricey ?

depends on what you use. I have got cardboard boxes flatened around the bottom also a tauparling sheet, plus they have a snugglesafe bottle thingy, and their nesting box is covered with fleece blankets.

only need to sort out a covering for the door but when you get onto their level its quite cosy. going to invest in bubble wrap for the top half.

my lot (all 7 now) seem ok eating, sleeping and pooping the usual

Hi thanks :D i was just wandering if them boaurd things over the walls are ok and keep the shed warm - not sure what they are called but its soo cold in my shed :-\

If you mean putting boards on the inside to make it a double wall yes it will it a bit warmer but insulation inbetween the walls would make a big difference

sokel said:
If you mean putting boards on the inside to make it a double wall yes it will it a bit warmer but insulation inbetween the walls would make a big difference
Oh right yeah thats what i meant - also if i put boaurds up would this mean id need that insulation inbetween it as my step dad said id need these bourd things up ?

Hiya :)
I got my thermal foil from the army surplus stores in town ;) it was a £1 a roll it has made a huge difference to the shed ;)

Edited to add it would also be good to use on your outdoor hutches to keep them warmer ;)

We are gonna put the insulation in very soon, we have the boards too :)
Pumpkinpiggie, did you put it on the walls of your shed?

Pumpkinpiggie said:
I got my thermal foil from the army surplus stores in town ;) it was a £1 a roll it has made a huge difference to the shed ;)

Edited to add it would also be good to use on your outdoor hutches to keep them warmer ;)
I dont have any outdoors ;D theyve moved in the shed before firework night :D I'm planning on getting c&c's but also want built in hutches so id need them bourd things up inside my shed but i might go town tomorrow to get some of them foil things and get quite a few to put over their cages THANKS O0

iloveanimals said:
Pumpkinpiggie said:

I dont have any outdoors ;D theyve moved in the shed before firework night :D I'm planning on getting c&c's but also want built in hutches so id need them bourd things up inside my shed but i might go town tomorrow to get some of them foil things and get quite a few to put over their cages THANKS O0

Hunny its at the back of the notts county ground and not open on sundays. You would need a car to take the stuff home it not light and very big and bulky ;)

Pumpkinpiggie said:
iloveanimals said:
Pumpkinpiggie said:

Hunny its at the back of the notts county ground and not open on sundays. You would need a car to take the stuff home it not light and very big and bulky ;)
Oh dammit - I'm thinking its sunday ::) i just thought it was that light foily stuff thats wrapped in rolls - silly me :P Thanks anyway

It is that light foil stuff but its wrapped in this other heavy white stuff that you have to peel off. Its what they use in the army for tents ;) it not hard to get the white cover off but its awfully heavy while its on. I have some here still with the white stuff on and I have covered the outdoor 6ft hutch with it for the winter as the hutch is not in use over the winter months. You could pop over to see it, then I could show you how to get to the foil and you can see my shed and how we put it on the walls + see my piggies if you wanted. Just a thought :)

Pumpkinpiggie said:
It is that light foil stuff but its wrapped in this other heavy white stuff that you have to peel off. Its what they use in the army for tents ;) it not hard to get the white cover off but its awfully heavy while its on. I have some here still with the white stuff on and I have covered the outdoor 6ft hutch with it for the winter as the hutch is not in use over the winter months. You could pop over to see it, then I could show you how to get to the foil and you can see my shed and how we put it on the walls + see my piggies if you wanted. Just a thought :)
Oh WOW thatd be fab :D i might be going b&q or screw fix tomoz if there open but I'm sure ill come and see you and your piggies one day ;D and when my sheds sorted out you could come over to mine one day when its done ::) which i hope before nov 29th O0 which is my birthday :D as my step dad promises to get my piggy shed sorted out - laminate flooring, c&c's etc and ill have all the extras too like blinds - pink obviously and them foil covers for any cages i have in my shed ::)

I am sure screwfix will be open ;) its around the corner from B&Q anyway think there is a shoe warehouse next to it if you head past QMC and turn off towards toysrus as you come off at the roundabout iscrewfix is on the left its not got a very big sign up. You welcome here anytime :)

Pumpkinpiggie said:
I am sure screwfix will be open ;) its around the corner from B&Q anyway think there is a shoe warehouse next to it if you head past QMC and turn off towards toysrus as you come off at the roundabout iscrewfix is on the left its not got a very big sign up. You welcome here anytime :)
Awwww thanks 0:) I'm defo gonna beg ma mum to take me ;D i want my piggies to have more room - and i spent 2 hours cleaning them out this morning and i didnt get them all done ;D ill let yaz all know if i manage to get any grids - if there is some I'm gonna buy about 3 packs :D

Oh god ::) i also need corex or corrugated card or whatever it is :P but i think i can get that from ebay or somewhere :)

iloveanimals said:
Oh god ::) i also need corex or corrugated card or whatever it is :P but i think i can get that from ebay or somewhere :)

Lino works just as well as correx ;) There are a few sign writer places in Basford you could try though not that they will be open on a Sunday. There is one around the corner from me I *think* on Nottingham Road near clothing direct not sure what its called will pop and look tomorrow if I remember ;) The other one is on North Gate which is just off Nottingham Road opposite Hayden Road turn right at the traffic lights its left for Hayden Road if you know where I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back