Sewing custom fleece liners

teddy7625

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I am pretty good at making most fleece accessories such as pee pads, forests, and even made a fleece pumpkin hidey this fall.

I’m stumped on how to make a fleece liner for the whole c&c but with the fleece over the coroplast walls similar to those found at piggybedspreads.com
I want to be able to make holiday themed ones with the fleeces I have.

Does anyone have any experience in making one like this?

Just before you get carried away with a massive liner maybe consider a couple of things:
1 - Will it fit in your machine? Don't know how big your set up is!
2 - There are likely to be areas where piggies pee a lot and others which stay dry all week. You'll be frustrated if you have a giant liner that has to be constantly washed for the sake of a couple of soaking wet areas. Some small pee-pads which can be switched out on high traffic areas will save your sanity... in complementary patterns of course!

We'd love to see pics if you manage it 😊

Definitely split your l8ke 8nto 2/3 depending on how large your cage is, anything really large is very difficult to brush hairs and hay off. It also washes and dries better too

Just before you get carried away with a massive liner maybe consider a couple of things:
1 - Will it fit in your machine? Don't know how big your set up is!
2 - There are likely to be areas where piggies pee a lot and others which stay dry all week. You'll be frustrated if you have a giant liner that has to be constantly washed for the sake of a couple of soaking wet areas. Some small pee-pads which can be switched out on high traffic areas will save your sanity... in complementary patterns of course!

We'd love to see pics if you manage it 😊
I usually split my loose fleece into two parts so I plan to do the same with the liners. I've made liners for a living world XL (before my c&c) and that's how I came across the issue of piggies getting up under the liners and poop slipping under the liners.

Luckily I have two out of five piggies that actually use their litter boxes as intended so it has saved me on some cleanup. I'll definitely post pictures once I finish my Christmas themed stuff!

Back