serving veggies

piggiemummy03x

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
when you give your pigs their veggies do you just drop it into the cage on the floor or do you serve it on a plate? if you serve it on something, does it have to be ceramic to prevent them from chewing? will an old plate do or would i need to buy new? also do you feed veggies both morning and night (obviously splitting up daily amount into two) or only once a day? just trying to get an idea on whats best to do! i used to feed my girls veggies before shutting them up for the night, their little squeaks when it was feeding time warmed my heart❤️ going to offer veggies from my hand to help our bond of corse too!

I feed my boys half their veg in the morning and half at night. It just gets thrown onto the cage floor and amongst hay - the further it scatters the more they have to forage for it!

Mine all stand up on cage waiting for theirs so I hand feed them so I know they have a piece each cuz they don’t like sharing lol then I open cage and add to either floor or hay, spreader out so no disagreement over it, mine are in a routine and let me know when veggies are due lol 😂

Mine all stand up on cage waiting for theirs so I hand feed them so I know they have a piece each cuz they don’t like sharing lol then I open cage and add to either floor or hay, spreader out so no disagreement over it, mine are in a routine and let me know when veggies are due lol 😂

aw how cute! haha bless them x

I hand feed the veg. If I’ve cut up the veg then I’ll hand feed one thing to get them off my back and scatter feed the rest.

I hand feed the veg. If I’ve cut up the veg then I’ll hand feed one thing to get them off my back and scatter feed the rest.
Yeah that the trick, once they have something they calm down, gives us slaves chance to add and scatter the rest,

I do the same as @Siikibam. I have to, food theft occurs instantaneously otherwise and who doesn't love a good dinner table row? Me, that's who. I do gently toss the rest of it in, though I have to be careful because it wouldn't be the first time a guinea pig (and they've both done it) runs into the path of the oncoming food right as it leaves my hand.

Back