• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Serenas Chest Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I noticed Serena breathing very loudly on Friday. She was taken to the vet, she was put on 0.2ml Baytril twice daily.
On Monday morning i went and uncovered the hutch, her breathing was terrible.
I brought her inside but by 2pm she hadn't improved :'(
So we went back to the vet (emergency appt) who gave an antibiotic injection and said that he couldn't be sure that she would come through it :'(

So i have been syringe feeding her Critical Care (she stopped eating yesterday) and vitamins aswell as Baytril.
I was given another antibiotic in tablet form to give her last night but the vet rang and said not to give it to her.
So with nursing through the night, she was perkier this morning and she returned to the vet for another injection.
However when i got her home her hair fell out in a patch about the size of a 2p where the vet had injected. The vet said it's nothing to worry about though.
She's off the Baytril (it wasn't working) and the tablet antibiotic.
I am now syrine feeding her every two hours :'(
My poor little girlie....

Oh I am so sorry, poor Serena
Please get well soon for mummy little one :smitten:

I almost cried a minute ago because she actually ate a piece of apple om her own! I was so happy!

She is the most timid piggie of my five (her nickname is scaredy cat!) and i thought it would be a real struggle to get her to take her medicine or food but she has been so good.
I feel like we have bonded over a syringe of Critical Care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back