Separating males from mom

Stephv123

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have two males that are two weeks old today. They weigh 255 and 227 grams. They’ve started mounting mom and I’m worried that I should separate them now. I have dad so they could go in with him. They’re also with another female and two sisters so I don’t want anyone pregnant.

The reason I had two pregnant females was because my male was sold to me as a female so the breeding was completely unintentional. I can’t have these girls pregnant so I’m wondering what to do. Thanks, Stephanie.

Attachments

• 69DD2AC7-88B1-40DD-8F2F-D8039213170A.webp
    69DD2AC7-88B1-40DD-8F2F-D8039213170A.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 5
I have two males that are two weeks old today. They weigh 255 and 227 grams. They’ve started mounting mom and I’m worried that I should separate them now. I have dad so they could go in with him. They’re also with another female and two sisters so I don’t want anyone pregnant.

The reason I had two pregnant females was because my male was sold to me as a female so the breeding was completely unintentional. I can’t have these girls pregnant so I’m wondering what to do. Thanks, Stephanie.

Hi
If you have the dad, then please put your boys with him today or tomorrow; let them meet his sons on neutral ground and not in his cage. The mother will come into season again around day 16 and there is a chance that your slightly larger boy may be developed enough to impregnate her and her companion if he is already practising. It is better for them if the boys can make the move together so they have each for comfort during the big change to their life. they have made the shift to eating mainly solids now and they get on without the milk.

I had to do this with two baby boys born here in October to a sow I knew was pregnant; the boys had developed very well due to the good care they and their mother received during most of her pregnancy. They continue to develop well as they are coming closer to the age they can be neutered.

Hi
If you have the dad, then please put your boys with him today or tomorrow; let them meet his sons on neutral ground and not in his cage. The mother will come into season again around day 16 and there is a chance that your slightly larger boy may be developed enough to impregnate her and her companion if he is already practising. It is better for them if the boys can make the move together so they have each for comfort during the big change to their life. they have made the shift to eating mainly solids now and they get on without the milk.

I had to do this with two baby boys born here in October to a sow I knew was pregnant; the boys had developed very well due to the good care they and their mother received during most of her pregnancy. They continue to develop well as they are coming closer to the age they can be neutered.
Thank you so much. They‘ll be 16 days old tomorrow so I’ll separate them.

Good luck. And be strong in your resolve. Their little wheeking noises when they are separated can really tug on your heart strings. But they will be fine with their Dad for company.

Good luck. And be strong in your resolve. Their little wheeking noises when they are separated can really tug on your heart strings. But they will be fine with their Dad for company.
Ok, thank you 😊

Back