Seed Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella123

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Just wondering, I know it ok for piggies to eat these :)) :)), but I have heard some things about them being not so good due to their calcium content.

Is it ok to free feed these as treats as mine totally love them :drool: :drool:

If so how many would be ok to hand feed?

seed heads are fine as a treat,especially timothy hay,ive a naughty herd that will only chew the seed heads and leave all the stalks behind with all the seed heads missing !:))

seed heads are fine as a treat,especially timothy hay,ive a naughty herd that will only chew the seed heads and leave all the stalks behind with all the seed heads missing !:))

I guess it's like piggy mcdonalds to them... :D

There is one member on the forum who once sifted the seed heads out from a bag of Timothy hay to give as a treat to a very special piggy. That's devotion for you.

My two go nuts for the seed heads in the timothy hay too. If you've ever seen two piggies have a tug of war over a long seed head it's the funniest thing you will ever see lol.

There is one member on the forum who once sifted the seed heads out from a bag of Timothy hay to give as a treat to a very special piggy. That's devotion for you.

I used to do this for my bloaty boar when he'd had an episode of bloat and wasn't eating much.

They are higher in calcium so I sometimes remove them, or spread them throughout the bag.

Seed heads are one of the few things Blitzen will come to me to take by hand, lol. Unfortunately the hay I've been getting for them recently never seems to have any and they're definitely missing them haha.

Do you mean like these or the thick, solid seed heads? (look the bull-rush type appearance?)DSC000574 Hay TGPF.webp

here's some grass i picked yesterday & have dried out for the girls later... smells lush in my little lean to :drool:
the girls love it-but the neighbours think i'm nuts walking round with handfuls of grass when i'm out with the dog :whistle:
(i don't tell them i pick out the buttercups & anything i'm not sure about!:shh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back