Scissors to cut long haird guinea piggs

milomisoboyhood

New Born Pup
Reaction score
what is the best sisors and what is a sisor comb, is it any good? on the market to cut my long haired guinea pigs

what is the best sisors and what is a sisor comb, is it any good? on the market to cut my long haired guinea pigs

Hi

I think you may find small dog clippers from a pet shop or online the best. Otherwise any decent scissors that will not pull on the hairs and have sharp points will do.

Anyway, I would not recommend a scissors/comb combo. Either a soft small pet brush for silky long hair or an afro comb for rough rexoid hair is better.

Please have a look at the videos of our hair cutting guide; they contain both a video each of cutting hairs with clippers and with scissors for comparison: An Illustrated Guide to Hair Cutting

I use Pets at Home hair cutting scissors with rounded ends. I feel a lot happier with these as I'm not going to stab a guinea pig if it makes a sudden move!

I just used good-old-fashioned school scissors- they did the job fine, even if it wasn't the neatest trim. Like @piggieminder I felt the smaller rounded blades were less likely to cause an accident. :)

I actually just use human hair-cutting scissors. One of my kids holds our pig so that she can't jump around and hurt herself. She's pretty high-strung and doesn't love getting her hair trimmed, but the scissors freak her out a lot less than the clippers we tried do!

Back