Scared To Do Laptime

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtoguineas

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I recently discovered this great forum!

Got 2 boys about 10 days ago, they are around 12 weeks old.

We have been doing floor time in an indoor playpen and i really want to do laptime. The thing is i dont think theyve ever really been handled and are still really skittish. I'm doing everything i can to gain their trust.

I'm sooo worried that when we do laptime they will jump off and either hurt themselves or run away :( it would be so terrible if they got lost. If they ran off would they go far?

Really want to get them used to me and being handled but I'm worrying...

You can start lap time on the floor and try to encourage them onto your lap with food. This will mean they can't fall off :D
If you are able to only allow them access to one room that has cables and things you don't want eaten out of their reach then they won't be able to get far or be able to damage anything.

:wel:to the forum...

It can take a bit of time for piggies to settle into a new environment. As piggies are prey animals their instinct is to either run or hide but with patience their confidence will grow so that they will feel more relaxed in your company. We have included a great thread for you to look at which will help you in getting your piggies more accustomed to you and their new surroundings.

https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/faq-how-do-i-settle-shy-new-guinea-pigs.36239/

As we have forum members all over the world could you please add your location to your profile as this will help forum members to give any answers to questions you may have which may be country area specific. This can be done by clicking on your profile and then on personal details to add your location.

We love to see pigtures of your piggies so please have a look at our 'how to' videos which show you how to easily upload pigtures to the forum.

Again welcome to the forum. Have fun!

Lisa & Ali..

Thanks everyone.

Yes they are pretty speedy lol! I have added my location (i think... I'm not the best technical whizz).

I dont have a cuddle cup but wonder if i could use a childs winter hat, maybe they would feel comfortable in there? Lol i will try during the week at at a quiet moment when my children arent around. Good idea to sit on the floor rather than the sofa :)

Sit don on a chair and or a couch inside if you are allowed bring them in then if they do jump off they probably won't anyway but if they do they will land softly and they won't go far if you have the door closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back