scared or content?

bumblebea04

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hi!
i tried handling one of my 3 month old guinea pigs today, i just had her wrapped in a towel on my chest. i could hear her breathing and shifting around sometimes, almost as if to get comfy, but other than that she’d be pretty still. she also ate a little bit of lettuce next to her on my chest. are these good signs that she’s not too freaked out?

Sounds like she was a little nervous to start with but I think she relaxed a bit and was able to eat. I find that scared piggies don’t eat. Just take it slow and hopefully you will gain her trust.
thank you :)
she also made some little noises and then crawled up to lay under my chin so i think we made some progress! i will keep being patient definitely

Also remember that they have different likes and personalities. Boris has only just started to settle for a minute after the food has gone, he's not unhappy but prefers to climb on us. George however, from the beginning he has always settled and flopped out. He now curls up and sleeps, usually with a fart or two to show his contentment 💨😷

Back