Salad Help

T&A

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pigs Have just passed a bladder stone so the vet told us to feed low oxolate veggies with high water content as a preventation. Is this a good quality+quantity salad? Do you have any improvement suggestions?
It’s fennel, cucumber, little gem lettuce and orange pepper
Thanks

Attachments

• 367ADAB2-04FA-45ED-9755-FA9F701430A7.webp
    367ADAB2-04FA-45ED-9755-FA9F701430A7.webp
    61.3 KB · Views: 5
It looks fine. If you can add a herb in as well - coriander is safe to be fed daily - then that would be a nice addition as they contain a good amount of nutrients.
Our diet guide has a section for bladder piggies.
Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets

Do bear in mind that as your other post stated that your piggies are having soft poops, giving them veg at present is probably not a good idea.

When my boys get more veggies than usual in a single day, their poop go soft. I feed them variety of veggies and fruits, but romaine lettuce is given twice a day morning and night. They love it.

Ah ok. Their poops seem to not be so soft today which is good. I want to get them forage aswell, what do you recommend?

Ah ok. Their poops seem to not be so soft today which is good. I want to get them forage aswell, what do you recommend?

I would still recommend you keep them off veg for 24 hours after poops normalise to ensure things are fully settled. When reintroducing veg following a digestive upset, it needs to be done slowly and with much smaller portion sizes than normal. It is recommended you start by reintroducing one or two sprigs of a herb only at first as they tend to be milder on the digestion but provide good nutrients. Then build up to other veg items and eventually back to normal portion sizes.

It depends whether you mean fresh or dried forage.

In terms of fresh forage, this guide will help you with safe weeds you can feed to them
Safe wild weeds/plants you can feed your piggies

Dried forage, anything from Piggie Parcels is excellent !
Piggie Parcels

Back