• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Safe for GP 21 hours after painting?

mackayla178

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! I painted my ceiling today, I live in the attic so my walls are slanted making my ceilings very small. I put my guinea pigs in my mothers room while I painted. The windows have been open and I have two fans going, I’ll be doing this until tomorrow. Is it okay to move them back in and into their cage after 21 hours? Sorry if this is dumb, I'm just very worried I’ll move them in too early and they’ll get sick.

Perhaps see if the smell is still present after you’ve closed the windows? Are you able to keep the windows open or are you in a cold area?

Yes, I can keep them open. I haven’t been keeping them open recently because it had been cold and my christmas tree is right in front of it, but it’s been warmer the past few days. So it’ll be alright if I check the smell and then leave the window open?

Hi! I painted my ceiling today, I live in the attic so my walls are slanted making my ceilings very small. I put my guinea pigs in my mothers room while I painted. The windows have been open and I have two fans going, I’ll be doing this until tomorrow. Is it okay to move them back in and into their cage after 21 hours? Sorry if this is dumb, I'm just very worried I’ll move them in too early and they’ll get sick.

Hi!

It is OK to move them back with water based paint, even if there is still a faint smell. The paint fumes are by then not harmful.

Oil based paints are a very different matter (skirting boards, windowsills, and furniture etc.)

Back