Russell Rabbit Bedding

• Thread starter Thread starter piglover
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piglover

Now "we are 5" in 4 seperate cages indoors I was finding my time in the mornings is becoming shorter! As I faff around the piggies so much, chaning paper etc I found that now the kids are back at school the traffic is heavier and I was being late every day!

So I've started using Russell Rabbit bedding and I have to say it really is quite good! I searched on here first and found Niki's old recommendation for it and have to say not only do they stay drier ( Not laying on just wet paper) they seem to be more snuggled and most importantly no smell! I still use newspaper first and of course hay and readigrass on top but can heartily recommend Russell Rabbit! Now I only have to clean out once a day!

Although Bully in particular thinks its something else to eat............thats ok isn't it?

I use russell rabbit chopped straw I've always used it its quite cheap and absorbent and unlike most straw its soft. I have had no problems what so ever ( touches wood )

I also use russell straw bedding for my piggies, but mixed with woody pet or breeders celect to better absorb the pee. Seems fine so far. I clean out the poop areas about once in 3 days.

It may work out expensive for a lot of piggies though. I use aubiose but the bag is huge and takes up room so if storage is a problem? It is £7.50 a 20kg bag.
Sue have you been to Surrey pet supplies in Hersham? thats where I get my supplies from and the hay is cheap and really good :)

LJ,

Yes I live about 5 mins from Surrey Pet supplies! A Large bag of RR cost me £2.09 and its compressed and so if you empty it out you get loads! I put it in the corners and in their houses where they lay and pee!

2nd day of use - no smell!

Thats great, glad it works for you. SPS are well priced I think...we go every month on a Saturday morning and stock up. May see you in there loitering by the russell rabbit one Saturday ;D

Nah! I got my RR bedding from Wilko's ! And have now sent off for more by mail order with my Rabbit Royale food - I tend to only buy accessories in there, i.e., houses and bowls etc. I get my hay from a garden centre in Fetcham - its beautiful!

I'm now using Bed-Down short cropped straw from a local farm shop because of amount of hutches i have combined with their size i'd need 3 bales of RR per week but the Bed Down is very similar in that it's short cropped, soft & smells lovely :)

Can anyone tell me how big the bag is and how much is usually costs?

My piggies are coming in this weekend and will be in a 2x5 C&C, will I need more than one bag to fill it? (sorry if this is a stupid question but I honestly have no idea how big the bag is)

Not sure how big the bag size is but its £2.09 in WIlko's. I don't fill my cage like you would for a hamster or gerbil with it, I just spread a layer over the most used toilet areas and inside their houses.

Jane said:

My piggies are coming in this weekend and will be in a 2x5 C&C, will I need more than one bag to fill it? (sorry if this is a stupid question but I honestly have no idea how big the bag is)

I'm not sure how big either Jane but it's compressed & does go a long way. I could fill approx 20ft of hutches with 1 bag if that helps :)

Niki said:
Jane said:

I'm not sure how big either Jane but it's compressed & does go a long way. I could fill approx 20ft of hutches with 1 bag if that helps :)

Wow that's good then :D Thanks! Was expecting it to be awfully small bags like carefresh for example..I'm gunna buy some tomorrow :)

Jane said:
Niki said:
Jane said:

If you've ever bought hay from wilko's the RR bale is approx the same size :)

Wow that's good then :D Thanks! Was expecting it to be awfully small bags like carefresh for example..I'm gunna buy some tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back